About Business Women in International Trade (BWIT)
Welcome to the Business Women in International Trade (BWIT) website. The BWIT Program, which is part of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), is the only national program that provides targeted products and services to help women entrepreneurs internationalize.
BWIT’s mandate is to provide targeted support and service to export-ready and export-active women-owned businesses. Women-owned businesses are atleast 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. We help small and medium-sized enterprises defined as having between 1-499 employees.
BWIT uses several channels to increase awareness of its program and services in support of our clients. Learn more about our products and services.
Through our vast reach of Trade Commissioners in offices in 161 cities worldwide, as well as across Canada, BWIT’s mandate is to link Canadian women entrepreneurs with international business opportunities to help spur their company’s growth.
What we do:
BWIT and the TCS can help you:
- prepare for international markets;
- assess your market potential;
- find qualified contacts;
- resolve business problems.
How we help:
- Organize women focused trade missions to foreign markets where delegates have unique access to corporations that want to buy specifically from women;
- Provide tailored products to assist women entrepreneurs like the BWIT LinkedIn Group; the BWIT Newsletter; our monthly BWIT News email to keep you up-to-date;
- Give advice related to accessing supplier diversity programs of major corporations that source the products and services from women-owned certified businesses;
- Work with women’s business associations and as well as other services providers and organizations across Canada like supplier diversity certification bodies, to help women entrepreneurs;
- Conduct referrals to other service providers within the Canadian entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Participate in the negotiation of international agreements to promote women’s entrepreneurship, such as the Trilateral memorandum of understanding promoting women’s entrepreneurship and the growth of women-owned enterprises in North America.
Want to learn more about how BWIT can help? Contact Us!
Subscribe to BWIT News to be added to our e-mail database to receive periodic information of interest to Canadian women exporters.
We also invite you to join the dialogue on our LinkedIn group.
- Date Modified: