Trade Mission: Go for the Greens 2019
The Business Women in International Trade (BWIT) program of Global Affairs Canada, in partnership with the Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada (WEOC) and the Consulate General of Canada in Miami, is leading a trade mission to the 11th annual Go for the Greens (GFTG) Business Development Conference for Women Entrepreneurs. The trade mission will take place from September 18-21 at the Disney’s BoardWalk Resort in Orlando, Florida.
What is Go for the Greens?
Go for the Greens is a high-level business development conference for women entrepreneurs seeking supplier diversity opportunities through exclusive access to companies, government agencies and non-profits. The boutique conference offers:
- Business Matchmakers: Opportunities for one-on-one business matchmaking meetings and informal networking between women-owned suppliers and corporate/government buyers.
- Educational Programming: Enhance your knowledge and learn about necessary tools to help you successfully grow your business through strategic and smart business topics.
- Valuable Networking: Unassigned seating, network with like-minded women from across the U.S. and Canada who want to do business, collaborate and are interested in forming strategic alliances.
- Golf Networking Event: Plan to stay an extra day - players of all levels are welcome to participate in the golfing experience on Saturday to meet, talk business and bond over hole-in-ones.
For more information, please visit: goforthegreens.org or email BWIT at email@example.com.
The Trade Mission will feature:
- Preparatory Webinars
- On-the-ground support from BWIT and Miami-based Trade Commissioners
- Government of Canada programming
- High-calibre networking and potential business-to-business matchmaking meetings
- Available Discounts:
Please note: there are no fees for delegates associated with receiving services from BWIT or the Trade Commissioner Service. Delegates are responsible for covering the cost of their travel and accommodations as well as registration to the Go for the Greens conference. International Full Conference Registration costs US$599.00.
Delegates are invited to apply for funding through the CanExport program. This Government of Canada program is delivered through the Trade Commissioner Service, and provides financial assistance to Canadian SMEs who are seeking new export opportunities – especially in high-growth emerging markets. CanExport is open to projects in any sector, and reimburses up to 75% of eligible expenses (including costs related to travel and accommodations). To learn more, visit the CanExport webpage.
UPS Scholarship for Canadian delegates:
Three scholarships are available for Canadian delegates. This package will cover the full cost of the conference and golf networking event. To qualify, you must be an export-ready, or export-active women-owned business, and you cannot have received the scholarship in the last two years. An asset qualification is having an environmentally friendly product/service. To apply, please complete BWIT’s registration form first, and then send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a 100-125 word description on how attending this conference could catapult the growth of your business.
Go for the Greens Mentorship Program:
The Go for the Greens (GFTG) Mentorship Program is taking place on Friday, September 20th, during the GFTG conference. This program allows young women between the ages of approximately 15 to 21 to connect with women business leaders, recognize their own leadership qualities, and inspires them to focus on the next steps to realizing their potential as a leader in the workforce. If you would like further information or wish to participate in the program, please visit the Go for the Greens Mentorship Program page and fill out the application form before 11:59 p.m. on August 30th, 2019.
Register to join the Canadian delegation by simply following 3 steps:
Deadline for registration: Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- Register for the Trade Mission
- Complete a company objectives and profile form
- Register for the Go for The Greens Business Conference
Please note: There is no fee for receiving services from BWIT and the Trade Commissioner Service. Delegates are responsible for covering the cost of their travel, accommodations and registration for events. Eligible women-owned companies could qualify for CanExport financial assistance. Find out more about CanExport.
We encourage you to subscribe to BWIT News, and consult with our trade missions webpage, for developments on this trade mission.
- Date Modified: