Apply to participate in a Canadian Technology Accelerator
Fast-track your access to new markets, investors and mentors in 12 global tech hubs worldwide. Join a Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) to build your business and your international footprint.
CTAs are open to innovative Canadian tech companies that can show they have:
- Marketplace traction: You have a minimum viable product (MVP) and measurable evidence of maturity based on revenue, investment or number of users. Life sciences and health companies must have a proof of concept and be post-seed
- Product-market fit: You can define your target audience, describe the problem your product solves, and show what makes your product or service different from others
- Strong and experienced executive management team: You can commit to send at least one senior member (C-level or founder) to take part in the program and you can cover their in-market costs
- Potential to scale: You have a well-thought-out go-to-market plan for the CTA location, with key performance indicators (KPIs) to match
Choosing the best CTA for you
Choose the program and location that fit your business best – and target that specific CTA.
You can apply for a different CTA later. Even if you participated before, you can do so again. Some CTA alumni have done the same program again later to meet more objectives or joined a different CTA to reach more markets.
What we need from you
Before you start the online application process, take some time to gather key information. Here are some examples of what we need from you:
- Contact information and professional backgrounds for up to 3 company founders or CEOs
- Average yearly revenue
- Total funding raised to date
- Annual growth rate (%)
- Sources of funding to date (type and name of funder)
- Funding goal
- Major corporations targeted for strategic partnerships
- Description of your product or service, including elevator pitch, solution, business model, intellectual property position (patents, patents pending) and launch plan
- Market activity, including current activity and traction, target market, international market and activity, and competitors
- References from other Canadian programs and partners such as the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), National Research Council – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP), domestic accelerators, Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) regional offices and any other Canadian partners
- CTA goals, such as partnerships, customers, soft launch of office, validating product, seed funding
- Series A or greater funding, demonstration project
- Description of why the company wants to participate
- A list of previous TCS events or programs your company has participated in
- Other global markets of interest
- How you learned about the CTA
You can save your work as you progress through the application. All information you provide is treated as confidential.
How the selection process works
Participants are chosen in a competitive process. The TCS and a panel of industry experts review the applications and decide whether applicants are eligible and a good fit for a location.
You will get an answer within 5 weeks after the application deadline. Those who are unsuccessful receive written feedback on why their application was rejected.
Applications for most CTA programs are accepted throughout the year. Check the list of programs for your application deadline.
- If you have questions about completing your application, contact your TCS regional office
- To find out about upcoming CTAs, sign up for our alerts
- Date Modified: