How to apply for CanExport SMEs
Important: Both the CanExport SMEs and CanExport Innovation programs will be initiating an administrative pause on October 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. The programs will not be accepting applications for fiscal year 2022-23 after this time and are not yet open for fiscal year 2023-24. Please visit our web page for details on when the programs will resume.
Apply for funding
Follow these steps to apply for CanExport SMEs:
- Familiarize yourself with the program details by reading our Applicant’s Guide.
- Create an account on our online portal.
Note: Not compatible with Internet Explorer.
- Once you are signed in, enter your information under My Profile and click Update.
- On the CanExport SMEs landing page, click on Apply Now!
- Complete the Application Basic Eligibility section. The purpose of this section is to determine whether your company meets the basic eligibility criteria of the CanExport SMEs program. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation of your Basic Eligibility by email within 7 business days. If you have any questions regarding the eligibility criteria, please consult Section 2.1 of the Applicant’s Guide.
- If your company is deemed eligible, you will then be able to complete and submit the rest of your application.
- Submit a completed application at least 60 business days before the start date of the first proposed activity. Please consult Section 8.3 of the Applicant’s Guide for more details on processing timelines.
More information about CanExport SMEs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Date Modified: