Supplier diversity opportunities for Indigenous businesses
Become certified as an Indigenous-owned business to unlock opportunities in international markets.
Tap into supplier diversity programs
Supplier diversity programs encourage major corporations and governments to include diverse suppliers in their supply chains. This means they proactively buy goods and services from businesses owned or led by women entrepreneurs, Indigenous Peoples, 2SLGBTQI+, and visible minorities, among others.
Benefits of certification
The benefits of certification include:
- Qualifying for supplier diversity procurement programs so you can sell to corporations and governments
- Accessing new markets and opportunities at supplier diversity conferences
- Taking part in supplier diversity events hosted by large multinationals
- Networking with buyers and purchasing managers at matchmaking events
- Accessing advocacy, mentorship and training through organizations supporting certified Indigenous-owned businesses
- Receiving recognition for the unique characteristics that make you stand out from the competition
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can answer your questions about certification.
Contact one of the following organizations to learn more about certifying your business as Indigenous-owned.
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
Join one of our supplier diversity focused business delegations
The TCS helps Canadian based Indigenous-owned and Indigenous-led businesses identify opportunities and obtain contracts with large corporations and governments. Business delegations to supplier diversity events designed for Indigenous-owned businesses enable these opportunities, as well as opportunities to network with certified Indigenous-owned businesses, and to meet buyers from multinational companies.
If you’re considering certification, join one of our upcoming supplier diversity focused business delegations.
Trade missions and events for Indigenous businesses
Other opportunities for your Indigenous business
Indigenous Business Directory
Register to increase your visibility and open new sales channels with the Government of Canada.
Diversity Business Directory
Find opportunities for your business by registering The Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC).
Connect with the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
Questions or need support
- Contact a Trade Commissioner for answers to your export questions
- Subscribe to CanadExport: The official magazine of the Trade Commissioner Service
Join the conversation
- Date Modified: