Germany AutoTech – Canadian Technology Accelerator
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue doing so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually.
Do you want to scale your auto technology (AutoTech) company in Germany? Automotive is Germany’s largest industrial sector embedded in Europe’s largest economy. The German auto industry faces challenges in developing digital-based solutions for in-vehicle, mobility eco-systems and production environment demands. The three major German Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) including Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are actively seeking new technology and have launched tech innovation scouting platforms. The German groups recognize Canada as a source of innovation. The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program can help you grow by capitalizing on opportunities to achieve your goals in this market.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT||November 8, 2021 to February 28, 2022||About 3 to 6 hours per week|
Who should apply
We are seeking fast-growing, leading-edge Canadian technology companies in one of the following areas:
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- data analytics
- diagnostics, monitoring, and examination
- health and wellness
- quantum computing
- virtual, mixed and augmented reality
Companies must have:
- traction – companies that have traction in the market place having at least one identifiable product along with quantifiable evidence of maturity defined as revenue and/or funds to sustain a three to seven-year business development cycle common to German automotive OEMs
- product-market fit – companies that are able to define and articulate a target automotive-relevant application or use case and demonstrate the cutting-edge nature of the product/service
- strong executive management – companies that are committed to sending at least one senior member to Germany to take part in the program and have the financial resources to cover the in-market costs
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports diversity, equity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer your business
Upon acceptance, your business will benefit from exclusive connections to the leading technology scouts, functional teams, and business units at each group who will grant you a chance to propose your technology at their research and development (R&D) facilities.
Successful pitches will allow you to expand your business through paid Proof of Concept projects (POCs). We offer mentorship and advice from industry leaders in Germany to help you navigate the business development path from initial pitch to commercial deal.
The four-month, multi-stage program offers customized virtual and in-person support for about 3-6 hours per week. It is based on a “pitch then follow through” model.
Onboarding and orientation take place in November 2021.
Phase 1 – Virtual events in Germany in mid-January 2022
- BMW Startup Garage, Volkswagen Group, Startup Autobahn pitch sessions
- Tier 1, corporate venture capital pitch sessions
- Mentor matchmaking sessions
Phase 2 – Physical visit to Germany in mid-February 2022
- Individual follow-up meetings in Germany – self arranged by cohort companies
- In person mentorship discussions with individual mentors in Munich
- Other opportunities to pitch – as determined
What you will gain
Graduates of this CTA will gain:
- a deeper understanding of the commercial opportunities for your technology in the market
- guidance on entering and navigating the German market
- potential investment, pilot projects, partnerships and long-term sales in Germany
- the opportunity to present to and get noticed by potential buyers, strategic partners, and investors
- enhanced network development with relationships built to last outside of the program
Learn more about the CTA in Germany by contacting:
Kurt de Vries
Trade Commissioner, Automotive
Canadian Technology Accelerator
- Date Modified: