Scale your autotech company in Germany – Canadian Technology Accelerator
Do you want to scale your auto technology (AutoTech) company in Germany? Automotive is Germany’s largest industrial sector embedded in Europe’s largest economy. The German auto industry faces challenges in developing digital-based solutions for in-vehicle, mobility eco-systems and production environment demands. The three major German Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) including the Volkswagen Group, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are actively seeking new technology from start-up innovators and have launched tech innovation scouting platforms. The German OEM groups and top Tier 1 suppliers increasingly recognize Canada as a source of deep tech innovation.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|Closed||November 2022 – February 2023||2 hours per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
The CTA will give you:
- Upon acceptance, your business will benefit from exclusive connections to the leading technology scouts, functional teams, and business units at each German OEM group who will grant you a chance to propose your technology through dedicated Canadian pitch sessions. The program will also target leading German Tier 1 suppliers.
- Successful pitches will allow you to expand your business through paid Proof of Concept projects (POCs).
- The program also offers a mentorship program and orientations sessions providing advice from industry leaders in Germany to help you navigate the business development path from initial pitch to commercial deal.
Who should apply
We are looking for high-potential, mature startups or scale-up stage companies in areas such as:
- artificial Intelligence (AI) and analytics
- future computing
- diagnostics, monitoring, sensing for the intelligent car
- electro-mobility, battery solutions
- sustainability and circular economy
- interface technology such as AR/VR
- Health and wellness for vehicle occupants
Your company must have:
- traction — companies that have traction in the market place having at least one identifiable product along with quantifiable evidence of maturity defined as revenue and/or funds to sustain a three to seven-year business development cycle common to German automotive OEMs
- product-market fit — companies that are able to define and articulate a target automotive-relevant application or use case and demonstrate the cutting-edge nature of the product/service
- strong executive management — companies that are committed to sending at least one senior member to Germany to take part in the program and have the financial resources to cover the in-market costs
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
How the program works
The four-month, multi-stage program offers customized virtual and in-person support and is focussed on generating business development opportunities.
Onboarding and orientation take place in November 2022.
Phase 1 — Virtual events in Germany in January 2023
- Dedicated Canadian pitch sessions to BMW Startup Garage, Volkswagen Group, Startup Autobahn pitch session
- Further pitch sessions dedicated to other industry players
- Mentor matchmaking sessions
Phase 2 — Physical visit to Germany in mid/late February 2023
- Individual follow-up meetings in Germany – self arranged by cohort companies
- In person mentorship discussions with individual mentors in Munich
- Other opportunities to pitch – as determined
“The Solace team really appreciate the opportunity to participate in the CTA AutoTech program. It was extremely well organized and has already yielded material results for our business. Nothing short of fantastic.”
CEO of Solace Power
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Kurt de Vries
Trade Commissioner, Automotive
Canadian Technology Accelerator
- Date Modified: