Boston, New York and San Francisco digital health - Canadian Technology Accelerator
Are you looking to scale your digital health business? Boston, New York, and San Francisco are home to world leading digital health markets with growing investment, sales and partnership opportunities for Canadian companies. Healthcare worker burnout, financial constraints, rapid changes in US regulation and access to care have shown how digital health solutions can provide new methods of health care delivery, improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) for digital health can give you the knowledge and connections you need to enter and succeed in the US market.
CTA digital health is a virtual program with three in-market visits planned for 2023.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|March 15, 2023 (23:59 pm PT)|
May to October 2023
New York in market – week of June 20, 2023
San Francisco in market – week of September 25, 2023
Boston in market – week of October 23, 2023
2 hours per week for virtual programming
6 – 8 days total for in-market visits to 3 cities.
What are the benefits of joining?
Upon acceptance, your business will benefit from:
- brokered introductions to sector experts and digital health leaders across three U.S. markets
- tailored advice from mentors and local industry experts unique to your business needs
- extensive background intelligence through virtual panels and workshops with dedicated sector experts on topics including:
- cross-border corporate structure, regulatory and reimbursement environments
- market access, customer discovery, sales and client acquisition
- pitch feedback and investor attraction
- In-market networking opportunities with introductions to key industry stakeholders including:
- healthcare providers, hospitals and research institutions
- insurers and payers
- innovative, like-minded entrepreneurs to share experiences and collaborate
- pitch opportunities to U.S.-based investors and buyers
Who should apply
CTA digital health is looking for innovative Canadian companies who:
- Are pursuing the United States (U.S.) market with specific market-entry goals
- Are fundraising Seed to Series A investments in the next 12 months
- Can demonstrate market traction through existing sales or investment in Canada and/or the U.S.
- Are led by a strong and fully committed CEO or founder who can participate fully in the program including:
- advisory meetings
- preparatory work
- all kickoff, virtual and in-market programming
CTA digital health is seeking early-stage Canadian technology companies addressing unmet medical needs. We use a broad definition of digital health that includes solutions in:
- analytics and artificial intelligence
- behavioral health
- care coordination
- digital therapeutics
- insurance/ benefits
- mental health
- patient engagement
- provider tools
- sensors and monitoring
- senior care
- telehealth / virtual care
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
How the program works
The program will offer customized virtual masterclass sessions from May to October 2023 that will require a commitment of about two hours per week. There will be a break from virtual programming for the months of July and August with sessions resuming in September. CTA Digital Health will establish tailored priorities for each company at the beginning of the program to develop your business strategy as well as advance your market entry, investment, and customer acquisition objectives. You will participate in:
- advisory meetings
- masterclass sessions
- opening and closing events
- three in-market visits
This non-equity program is at no cost to Canadian companies beyond any individual travel costs they incur.
Following the guidelines for COVID-19, we will continue to reassess any in-person attendance for the CTA digital health in the U.S. As conditions continue to improve, companies should plan to spend 2-3 days in New York (June), San Francisco (September) and Boston (October) for in person meetings, pitches and events.
What you will gain
- a deeper understanding of the commercial opportunities for your technology in three markets
- guidance on entering and navigating the U.S. healthcare system
- the opportunity to present to and start initial conversations with potential buyers, strategic partners, and investors.
“I can't speak highly enough of the program and the access we gained to the US and international markets. I highly recommend the CTA program to any entrepreneur who is keen to significantly uplevel their business.” Natalia Lumen, ThyForLife Health Inc.
Learn more about CTA digital health by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator – Boston
Canadian Technology Accelerator – San Francisco
Canadian Technology Accelerator – New York
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
- Date Modified: