Silicon Valley FinTech
Are you looking to scale and grow your start-up in the world’s largest financial technology hub?
Silicon Valley has been at the epicenter of innovation for many decades and is home to the world’s most successful tech companies, venture capital and entrepreneurs. This provides entrepreneurs with access to excellent talent and resources like mentors & venture capitalists to take your start-up to the next level.
The Silicon Valley FinTech CTA program will aim to help Canadian FinTech start-ups seeking partnership opportunities, customer acquisition, and insights into the funding landscape. The program will also cover various aspects of Go-To-Market strategies and put plans into action at the Fintech Meetup tradeshow in Las Vegas.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|Closed||January 29 to March 22, 2024||2 to 4 hours per week|
What are the benefits of joining?
The CTA Fintech Silicon Valley 2024 is designed to provide you with the tools to help you grow during and beyond the program including:
- Access to world-class advisors/mentors and personalized guidance
- Supercharge your growth with Go-to-Market coaching and workshops
- Validate your product market fit, business model, and global scale potential
- Strengthen your value proposition and identify your competitive advantage
- Learn how to raise funding in Silicon Valley
- Strengthen your network and build valuable relationships
- Introductions to potential customers, partners, and VCs
Who should apply
We are seeking 8 early-stage, high-growth Canadian FinTech start-ups that are currently selling solutions in one the following segments:
- Wealth technology: Wealth and Asset Management
- Retail Banking
- Regulatory technology
- Insurance technology
- Embedded Finance
- Blockchain & Crypto
Your company must have:
- an innovative disrupter mindset
- a business model that currently generates Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) and/or Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- plans to raise funding (seed or series A) in the next 6 months
- desire to grow in the Bay Area/ Silicon Valley market
- a passionate and strong team
- the ability to travel to San Francisco during the week of January 29, 2024 and to Las Vegas during the week of March 3rd, 2024
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) supports diversity, equity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The Silicon Valley FinTech CTA is an 8-week program, which will include two weeks in-market. We will have our kickoff week in San Francisco and a tradeshow at the FINTECH Meetup in Las Vegas. The remainder of the programming will be fully virtual (requiring a commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week) and all sessions are mandatory. We ask you to commit your time from January 29, 2024 until March 22nd, 2024.
Selected companies will have access to:
- Kickoff Week & Welcome orientation sessions in San Francisco
- Visit to Visa Innovation Center in San Francisco
- Group sessions specific to Go-to-Market and VC fundraising
- 1-on-1 advisory sessions with local Fintech experts
- Roundtables with cohort to check progress
- Intros to potential clients, partners and VCs
- Tailored GTM support sessions
- In-person participation at FINTECH Meetup from March 3rd to March 6th
“A conversation with a mentor prompted us to identify an entirely new use-case for Intuitive Shipping. We expect this feature alone will make us hundreds of millions of dollars in the next 10 years and more importantly, will also save billions of tons of carbon emissions from being produced and released. Without the CTA, it’s entirely possible we never would have considered this direction.” CEO, Intuitive Shipping
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator – Silicon Valley
- Date Modified: