Taipei artificial intelligence (AI) for technology- Canadian Technology Accelerator
For decades, Taiwan has been a chip manufacturing giant. At the helm of AI technology, Taiwan is responsible for about two-thirds of AI server production worldwide. Through continued investment and international partnerships, Taiwan intends to remain a vanguard of AI advancements, using AI to fuel innovation across a broad range of sectors.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Taipei is recruiting companies that offer solutions relevant to the artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
Through this business development program, you will gain access to leading global ICT companies and validate your technology. You will benefit from strategic partnerships between Canada and Taiwanese industry.
|February 28, 2024, at 11:59 PM PT
|April 1 to July 31 2024
|About 1 hour per week
The Taipei CTA delivers:
- tailored introductions and opportunities to present to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
- potential pilot projects, partnerships and investments and sales in Taiwan and Asia
- access to trade shows, events and databases highlighting your company's capabilities to a targeted audience of partners and local stakeholders
- a deeper understanding of the opportunities for their technology in Taiwan and in Asia
Who should apply
We are looking for Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises that are in scale-up stage with artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. We are interested in integrating Canada's nascent AI know-how into Taiwan's hardware heritage and produce everyday application solutions.
Several successful matching of AI related application to Taiwan's industry can be found in security camera systems, image recognition, low-energy consumption designs, real-time data analysis and digital asset management etc.
In summary, if your innovations can be applied in any of the following industries and you are looking to connect with the leading sector players, our program can be of added value:
- Financial services
Companies should have:
- an innovative technology with Level 7+ Technology Readiness Level (TRL)* for potential international growth
- existing market traction – ideally companies that already have successful use cases in North America, Europe or Asia
- specific goals and a clear strategy to enter Taiwan and/or Asia
*Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your company's product that you are seeking to take to an international market:
- Level 7: Prototype ready for demonstration in an appropriate operational environment
- Level 8: Actual technology completed and qualified through tests and demonstrations
- Level 9: Actual technology proven through successful deployment in an operational setting
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The program begins in early April 2024 and ends in July 2024. Participants are recommended to make an in-market visit during the anchor event - COMPUTEX & InnoVEX 2023 from June 4- Jun 7, 2024.
Participants will enjoy services including:
- Online industry reports / market insight webinars
- Present at the CTA Virtual Pitch (Virtual)
- Take an interview with a tech media channel (Virtual)
- B2B meetings with targeted stakeholders (In-person and virtual)
- Exhibit at the COMPUTEX &InnoVEX 2024 (June 4 - 7, 2024)
- A working space in Taiwan
"CTA is an instrumental tool for any Canadian startup looking to get exposure internationally. The CTA's combined global experience and connections will shave years off your global growth plans by bringing your business to the ideal partners and customers."
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator – Taipei
Canada's Trade Commissioner Service
- Date Modified: