Berlin digital energy solutions - Canadian Technology Accelerators
Are you looking for opportunities to scale your leading-edge digital energy company? Germany, Europe’s largest economy, has ambitious goals to cut emissions and increase renewable energy. This provides opportunities for Canadian tech companies offering digital solutions in clean energy. The Canadian Technology Accelerators (CTA), a global business development program, can help you gain the knowledge and connections you need to enter this market.
We are here to help you expand your operations in international markets and will continue doing so during these challenging times. Due to travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Applications status|
|December 18, 2020||January 2021 to April 2021||Closed|
Who should apply
We are looking for Canadian innovators who have:
- revenue-generating businesses with existing market traction in North America
- innovative and fully built validated technology
- a passionate, strong and committed management team with at least one senior manager who can commit to participating in the full program
- a German market-entry strategy with an appropriate company culture for the German market
- sufficient resources to target and achieve growth in market
We use a broad definition of “digital energy solution” and are interested in working with a wide range of technologies.
We are looking for leading edge solutions in the following areas:
- addressing specific problems on the transmission and distribution level of power grids
- renewable energy grid integration
- demand side management including electric vehicle charging infrastructure and energy storage management
- grid operation and surveillance
- optimisation of energy consumption/digital efficiency tools
The TCS supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What we offer
Upon acceptance to this CTA program, you will access:
- exclusive B2B pitch sessions with the German utility sector, key suppliers and other industry players
- pitches to investors and utility and tech corporations in Germany’s energy sector
- targeted investor and business development meetings
- mentorship from industry experts before and during the program
- in-depth market briefing and workshops on business culture, regulations and innovation management
- partnership with InnoLoft, the leading German technology and innovation platform in energy technologies
- Canada showcase at the German utility trade show E-world energy and water in February 2021 (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
In response to COVID-19, we will run this CTA program virtually. We will continue to re-evaluate when the in-market component can resume. If in-market visits to Germany can take place, the program will require approximately 14 days spent in the market.
The program has two components:
- The first takes place virtually in November 2020 and focuses on pitch sessions, mentorship and market orientations.
- The second is subject to travel restrictions due to COVID-19, but may include a two-week trip to Germany in February 2021. Participants will engage in follow-up business development including the showcase at E-World energy and water. This component may be offered virtually depending on how the global situation evolves.
Applications are now closed.
What you will gain
Participants in the CTA program will gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities for their technology in the German and European markets and opportunity to present their technology to potential clients, partners and investors.
Learn more about CTA Berlin by contacting:
Trade Commissioner, Canadian Technology
For general inquiries on the CTA program, please contact the CTA Coordination Team.
- Date Modified: