Property technology (PropTech)
Investors, partners, and customers are looking for solutions to modernize property management, real estate investment, and to enhance the development and management experience in residential and commercial real estate.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator for PropTech will help you find venture investors and customers in key U.S. markets:
- New York
The program will also present commercial opportunities in the European market, using the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona (November 7-9th, 2023) as an anchor event. This congress and trade show is a global meeting point for cities, innovators, and business communities to discuss urban challenges and opportunities.
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|Closed||August 21st to November 20th, 2023|
Between 1-2 hours virtually for 8 weeks in the program time frameIn-market time in Miami August 28th to 30th
In-market time in New York City September 18th to 20th
In market time in Barcelona for the Global Smart City Congress from November 6th to 9th
What are the benefits of joining?
The PropTech CTA will give you:
- Introductions to buyers, investors, and key partners in the property technology space
- Global conference benefits
- Tangible feedback on your business development strategies with global customer acquisition
- Connections to valuable property technology networks in the key US and European markets
- Market intelligence and mentorship
- Subsidized access to key property technology conferences
Who should apply
We are considering Canadian property technology companies who:
- have a differentiated technology
- have market traction through existing sales or investment in Canada, Europe, or in the U.S.
- are prioritizing market expansion outside of Canada
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
Upon acceptance, your business will participate in:
- programming to support curated introductions to venture capitalists, angel investors, family offices, corporate strategic venture groups, and other potential investors, partners and customers relevant to the property technology space
- brokered introductions to sector exports opportunities to pitch to U.S.-based investors and buyers
- extensive background intelligence on local markets including:
- regulatory environments
- customer acquisition
- investor attraction
- access to dedicated sector experts who will help with targeted introductions and other program initiatives
- review and edits to your pitch deck by an experienced professional services firm
This program will begin in late August 2023. The in-market portions include complementary passes to major property technology conferences happening in those markets at that time.
This non-equity program is at no cost to Canadian companies beyond any individual travel costs they incur.
Founders should plan to spend a minimum of 3 days in Miami and 3 days in New York City. Participating in the Barcelona component is strongly encouraged, but not required.
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Consulate – New York
- Date Modified: