United Kingdom digital health
Are you looking for new opportunities to accelerate the growth of your digital health or medical technology company? The U.K. can be the answer! Digital transformation of health and social care is a top priority for the U.K. government, with investments of about $3.5 billion to digitise the National Health Services (NHS), and at least $260 million to support digital transformation in social care – the first of its kind at this scale.
Another notable example of U.K.’s leadership is the NHS AI Lab, which has awarded 86 innovations with $212 million AI award funding and support for development and evaluation in the past three years alone. The overall turnover of U.K. medical device market is about $40 billion and is the sixth largest in the world. Furthermore, the U.K. has more biotechnology products in development than any other country in Europe, generating a turnover of $137 billion.
There are unparalleled growth opportunities for Canadian companies looking to expand into this exciting market, particularly if you have innovative and cutting-edge technologies in some of these areas:
- drug discovery
- patient data management
- healthcare administration and pathways
- independent living
|Application deadline||Program dates||Time commitment|
|Closed||October 16 to December 8|
About 2 hours per week
Last week of programming is comprised of in-market activities
What are the benefits of joining?
The UK Digital Health CTA will give you:
- extensive market briefings on doing business in the UK, with deep-dive sessions presented by sector experts on topics such as:
- understanding of the NHS and how procurement takes place
- social care landscape, integration with the health sector and opportunities for technology that arise
- business case design, evaluation agency engagement and the distributor landscape
- access to potential investment, pilot projects, partnerships, and long-term sales in the U.K. region
- networking opportunities and connections, with events allowing participants to present to potential buyers, strategic partners and investors
- strategic guidance on entering the U.K. market through tailored mentoring from local industry experts
Who should apply
Companies must be interested in expanding into the U.K. We are looking for high-potential, scale-up stage companies with technology in digital health.
Your company must have:
- a revenue-generating business with existing market traction and a fully-built validated technology
- a passionate management team fully committed to participate in the virtual and in-market program
- a clear go-to market strategy, specific growth goals and sufficient resources to enter the U.K. market
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity, diversity and inclusion in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds to apply.
What you need to apply
How the program works
The UK Digital Health CTA will be an 8-week hybrid program beginning in mid-October 2023, with most sessions delivered online. The program includes:
- virtual on-boarding: introductions to the CTA supporting team, program partners and fellow cohort members;
- needs assessment: analysis of the company’s current status and knowledge base in the UK region, as well as program goals;
- participation in this year’s Genesis and its related events in the first week of December
- virtual market briefings, mentor match-making and coaching sessions
- virtual round-tables with curated group of relevant stakeholders specific to the company’s needs/goals
- strategic business-to-business (B2B) introductions with relevant stakeholders.
CTA participants will be invited to join us here in the UK to attend the events that will allow them to build and grow an in-market presence and network. Opportunities will be arranged to allow the participants to share their value proposition to key market players, investors and potential customers during pitching and networking sessions. More information will be shared with the selected cohort.
“I think the CTA UK is the perfect landing pad for any Tech company to launch in the market. It generated insights and results beyond my initial expectations. The UK Canadian delegation were great hosts and I am looking forward to leveraging our new connections and acquired knowledge to fully embrace the opportunity that the UK market represents. I want to thank everyone involved, I am truly lucky to have been a part of this and I wish it on anyone with the same aspirations.” – Alexandre Bouchard, V3 Stent (UK Enterprise Software CTA 2022-2023)
“It was one of the finest programs in the recent times. Well planned and thought through.” – Prateek Saxena, Hygge (UK Digital Energy CTA 2021-2022)
Learn more about this program by contacting:
Canadian Technology Accelerator – United Kingdom
- Date Modified: