Humans of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
West Africa is a fast-growing region with lots of potential for Canadian companies, but there is strong competition from European and Asian business. It is very...
As a Trade Commissioner covering Climate Finance, I learn about a new fund almost every week, it’s a fast paced environment, that’s for sure. I’m based in Ottawa...
One success story that I’m particularly fond of was when I helped secure two multi-million dollar contracts for a client in the defence sector. This success...
It comes down to persistence and making the right choices. I help our clients with UK market readiness, ensuring they are thoroughly qualified. Having worked...
Being able to contribute to the success of businesses, and in turn to Canada’s prosperity, is what motivates me most about my job. I joined the Trade Commissioner...
The Dutch love Canadian seafood. We hear a lot about scallops, and if you go into a restaurant and you see lobster on the menu, it won’t just say lobster, it will...
As a trade commissioner in Buenos Aires, one area that I am responsible for is corporate social responsibility (CSR), otherwise known as responsible business...
Having lived in eleven cities, in seven countries, on five continents (to date!), provides me and the team I lead with the acumen required to better match...
An Alberta-based company started an R&D collaboration with a leading Arctic and harsh climate institute in late 2017. This Canadian company is...
It all started early January 2017 when PBSC Urban Solutions contacted our office in Sao Paulo. They were interested in bringing their bike sharing company...
Before working for the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), I was a scientist studying molecular neurobiology, and the director of neuroscience and...
After completing my MBA in Canada and returning to the Dominican Republic, I had the idea of bringing in a well-known Canadian grocery and household products...
I can be pretty proud about saying that I was able to sell snowshoes to Florida. I don’t know how you can get more Canadian than that. We had an opportunity...
There was a very small SME from Ottawa that came here to Cameroon as part of a trade mission organized by Export Québec (they also have offices in...
One of the things companies aren’t always aware of is how much the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) has increased their access to...
More Humans of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS)
- #HOTCS: Jamie Huget, Ottawa
- #HOTCS: Nathalie Nercessian, Beirut
- #HOTCS: Georges Lemieux, Bridgetown
- #HOTCS: Marie-Michelle Poulin, Mexico City
- #HOTCS: David Tsui, Vancouver
- #HOTCS: Anna Sacco, Rome
- #HOTCS: Christian Ekström, Stockholm
- #HOTCS: Avanti Coonghe, Colombo
- #HOTCS: Kevin McCabe, Seattle | Christina Connelly, Minneapolis
- #HOTCS: Claudia Seeber, Berlin
- #HOTCS: Clément Thiébault, Paris
- #HOTCS: Trindard Makunike, Johannesburg
- #HOTCS: David Mallette, Athens
- #HOTCS: Synthia Dodig, Zagreb
- #HOTCS: Shaaz Nasir, New York City
- #HOTCS: Emily King, Halifax
- #HOTCS: Andrew Smith, Ottawa
- #HOTCS: Lesley-Ann Ennevor, Kingston
- #HOTCS: Christopher Wimmer, Istanbul
- #HOTCS: Kathryn Aleong, Halifax
- #HOTCS: Cheryl Schell, Seattle
- #HOTCS: Pisite Chaiwattanachai, Bangkok
- #HOTCS: Carol Gould, London
- #HOTCS: Michael Redenbach, Panama City
- #HOTCS: Trang Le, Ho Chi Minh City
- #HOTCS: Carl Pilon, Ottawa
- #HOTCS: Azuka Ogundeji, Lagos
- #HOTCS: Clint Martin, Kyiv
- #HOTCS: Eva Ng, Bandar Seri Begawan
- #HOTCS: Greg Houlahan, London
- #HOTCS: Nina Dube, Johannesburg
- #HOTCS: Andrew Smith, Ottawa
- #HOTCS: Marie-Pier Brunelle, Warsaw
- #HOTCS: Hermawan, Jakarta
- #HOTCS: Cynthia Bernier, Rio de Janeiro
- #HOTCS: Maximo Hurtado, Madrid
- #HOTCS: Pinar Ozdemir, Ankara
- #HOTCS: Jan Scazighino, Rome
- #HOTCS: Jordan Reeves, Mumbai
- #HOTCS: Andree Cooligan, Helsinki
- #HOTCS: Ryan Ward, Nairobi
- #HOTCS: Tina Shih, Los Angeles
- #HOTCS: Bunleng Men, Phnom Penh
- Date Modified: